- December 2021
- November 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
How To Clean Fabrics At Home
Jul 28, 2021
The holiday season is coming up and what better way to celebrate the festivities than to do so on freshly cleaned fabrics. Soon, your home will (hopefully) be full of family, friends and food; and you’d want to enjoy that experience in the cleanest and tidiest environment possible.
That explained, we’d like to get all our cleaning done around this time of year – so that we can truly enjoy the festivities and relax later. To ensure that your fabrics are hygienic and look their best when your guests inevitably show up for a cozy meal around the table, think no further. We have set this guide to teach you the quickest, easiest and most effective way to clean the fabrics.
- Vacuum cleaner
- Soft, clean cloth (a couple is good)
- Clean towel
- Mild detergent (dish soap)
- Bucket of warm water
- Rubbing alcohol
- White vinegar
- Start by vacuuming your chairs so that you can work from a dust-free base. This should be a regular part of your cleaning routine, as dust build-up can cause more problems later down the line.
- Once your chairs are vacuumed, you need to start spot cleaning. If you want to clean fabric dining chairs entirely, we recommend using a professional cleaning service. However, for everyday use, spot cleaning will be just fine. Of course, which method you use will depend on the type of spillage, stain, or dirt mark.
- For red wine stains, you should blot the liquid as soon as possible to clear up any excess. Then, dab with a solution of 3:1 rubbing alcohol and water.
- For coffee or tea, again, blot up the excess as much as you can. Next, mix a solution of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol (equal ratio) and soak a cloth in the solution. Dab the coffee/tea spillage gently with the cloth, then use a new, clean cloth to press into the area and soak everything up.
- For chocolate stains (including ice cream!), make sure to get any solid residue up by scraping away. Then, mix a solution of liquid detergent and warm water to clean away. Blot away any liquid with a clean cloth or towel and then re-clean again with cold water.
- If you wish, you can clean your chair all over with warm soapy water and a soft cloth, but allow for adequate drying time. You could also steam clean for extra effectiveness if you have access to the right tools.
Now you've got all the tips on how to clean fabric dining chairs, we'd love to hear from you in the comments. Did these methods work for you? Do you have any great cleaning tips to share with our community? Let us know - and happy cleaning!